Whether you realize it or not, there’s a story that governs your relationship. Most of us have unconscious patterns, stories, myths, and programs that we believe about ourselves and others, and these beliefs shape our behavior and how we function in our relationships.
You have a dominant power archetype, as does your partner. That archetype determines how you react in times of need, and being overwhelmed, stressed, and afraid. Your power archetype has both balanced and shadow aspects.
Identifying and understanding your archetype will help you see the stories at play in your relationship, along with how you and your partner interact with those stories. It will also help you uncover your shadow aspects and see how they influence your relationships when you feel you are losing power.
Knowing and understanding power archetypes will help you stop struggling to take power from others and realize that you can instead gain power—and have healthier relationships—by making conscious choices.
By absorbing and practicing the lessons in this book you will:
- Be encouraged to take full responsibility for your behavior, thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions
- Be supported in digging deeper and understanding what is really going on when you compete for power with your partner
- Understand the power dynamics happening between you and your partner and why these competitions for power occur
- Move from unconscious to conscious behavior when you are triggered in your relationship
- Reduce power struggles and conflict in your relationship
- Strengthen a loving bond between you and your partner
- Understand what you need from your partner to feel safe and secure in your relationship
- Find yourself able to communicate your needs effectively and appropriately
- Encourage growth and compassion in your relationship
- Feel supported in opening your heart to your partner, and feeling and connecting with your partner
- Learn how to shed light on the shadow aspects of your power archetypes
- Move from fear to love in your self, your life, and in your relationship